Building a reputable HVAC company known for your experience, products, and service is important; however, equally, if not more important, is being known as an employer of choice to attract and retain top talent. Each employee, whether it’s your Technician, Installer, Fitter, Sheet Metal, or Dispatcher, make a up a team and this team represents your company.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”– Michael Jordan
If you’re an Owner, Manager, or Supervisor, here are some tips to help grow and develop your business and HVAC/R team, plus improve your management and interviewing skills. Check back often for the tip of the week. If you’re looking to add to your HVAC team and need help, contact Rockstar HVAC and we’ll be happy to help!
If you have any suggestions, leave a comment below for us to add to this list.
- Keep an eye on your company reviews (i.e. Google, Yelp, BBB, social media etc.) and professionally respond to both positive AND negative comments
- A good leader and manager doesn’t look to point fingers or blame others for their mistakes. Take responsibility for your errors and be accountable for your actions
“A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.”—Arnold H. Glasow
- Instead of criticizing colleagues or employees, offer useful feedback and advice to improve their skills and knowledge
“Don’t find fault, find a remedy.”—Henry Ford
- Besides financial rewards and incentives, you can easily motivate teammates for their good work through praise and recognition
“Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways.”– Dr. Bob Nelson
- If you want to inspire your team, managers should lead by example and hold themselves to a higher standard
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”-John Quincy Adams, 6th U.S. President
- Bring out the best from your team by motivating, praising, & rewarding great work publicly and correcting poor behaviour privately
We hope you found these ‘tip of the week’ useful!